1.0 Project Overview
Range Marketing will be responsible for building a brand new fully-customized website. This proposal explains the website rebuild.
2.0 Project Deliverables
Below outlines deliverables for this project.
Our Project Discovery process is integral to developing a website that is both on time and exceeds expectations for both the client and our team. At this point, we have already completed a majority of this deliverable, but the details of our process are outlined below.
Steps in this process include:
- Initial client meeting to determine technical scope, visual desires, company mission, and the full walkthrough of services client offers.
- Detailed breakdown of each project deliverable included in the website in a clearly defined technical scope.
- Buildout of Sitemap to establish what content will be on the website, and what page it will be included on.
- Establish a Project Schedule with concrete deadlines for multiple phases of the project.
A website is nothing without it’s design. At Range, we handle the creative portion of design a bit differently. Typical agencies will execute the design research phase and then produce visual-only mockups in PDF form, essentially showing you one big image that you approve before moving into development.
While in some projects this does make sense, in the majority of our projects this lengthy step is costly to both the client and ourselves, and isn’t necessary because of how we develop sites.
Our Creative Process stays completely within the realm of research and planning. We work with you to identify the most important information you want the design to convey, and from that formulate a quick sketch that outlines how we can structure that information.
From there, we research other beautiful sites on the web and come up with our own unique layout groups that we’ll apply to the development. We’re still in the planning phase here – the design comes to life during our actual development project.
Because of this process, the first “design” preview you see will actually be a developed website, allowing you to preview it on all of your devices as well as get a first look at the interactivity/features of the site.
Development Environment Setup
Range will develop your site in a closed environment on a completely different server from where your live website will be. This process is complex and takes time to set up, but is critical for the future safety of your website. Once your website goes live on the internet, we still host your development environment. This serves a couple functions:
- Acts as an additional backup layer in the event of something happening to the live site.
- Remains a preview for future changes to your site. If you require a big design change, new page design, or new functionality, we can safely test and preview everything on your development website before moving it to production. This ensures that your live website will never “break” due to meddling around with the code when building something new.
Core Development is generally the largest deliverable in the project, notwithstanding any additional complex custom applications or functionality. During this phase of the development we will:
- Install and set up the Content Management System (CMS) used for the website – in this case WordPress.
- Install and set up a suite of plugins and performance-enhancers for the website.
- Design and develop site-wide features of the website, like navigation, footer, and sidebar.
- Design and develop the homepage.
- Design and develop the content-focused interior pages (such as About Us, Contact Us, Blog, Services Provided, etc.)
- Ensure author functionality is designed and developed, allowing users to see pictures of the article author as well as a bio page with summary of posts by that author.
- Set up usernames/logins.
Content Implementation is just that – adding all of the content to your website. This step is different for every client, but typically includes things like:
- Working with the client to obtain all necessary content for each page of the website.
- Obtaining and cropping/optimizing high resolution images from the client and/or purchasing stock imagery.
- Adding content onto each page of the website.
Website Launch (Deployment)
When your website is ready to go live on the internet, we run through a detailed checklist to ensure the launch is safe and without interruption. Things on our checklist include:
- Taking a final backup of the development website.
- Setting up the production environment server (similar to setting up the development environment).
- Transferring files from development to production.
- Testing the website on production locally (making sure the site will load perfectly once the domain name is live on our servers).
- Handling the technical process of pointing the domain name to our servers.
- Running post-launch steps to performance plugins.
- Installing SSL on the live website (https://yoursite.com vs. http://yoursite.com).
- Testing all features of the live website, and testing contact form delivery.
3.0 Project Budget
The budget is derived directly from the list of deliverable's included within this proposal "Scope". The overarching goal is to create a website paired with our proprietary on and off-site SEO packages that will be utilized to generate regional, organic search results. The budget is derived directly from the list of deliverable's included within this proposal "Scope".
|Level III Website||$8,000|
Range Marketing will host your website on a private server on a monthly basis. This also includes 24/7 security monitoring, security updates, uptime monitoring, and free emergency support in the event of uptime issues.
Maintenance also includes up to 2 hours of work every month. This includes things like changing text, adding new images, or removing content. Anything requiring new features or designs will be quoted separately.
4.0 Project Schedule
The project schedule is a list of soft deadlines for the project; they are milestones we strive to achieve. Website development is a dynamic process and it's commonplace for new ideas to arise, communication to occur, or Scope be slightly tweaked. While it's rare for us to miss targets, the schedule below is not held to any bounds concerning the budget or Agreement.
We schedule our projects conservatively, and it's also common for us to come out ahead of the milestones below.
|Project Kickoff Date||September 24, 2019|
|First-Look At Completed Website||October 29, 2019|
|Website Launch||November 5, 2019|