1.0 Project Overview
Our goal through this proposal will be to work together with Muscoreil’s to develop the front and back-end of their website to ensure SEO opportunities are maximized on an ongoing basis. The recommendations in this proposal are designed in the best interest of Muscoreil’s long-term website / internet presence, visibility and SEO potential on a local scale. The additional SEO functionality that will be used for Muscoreil’s website will allow for scalability and organic growth as well as to work toward dominating the online presence for their industry, products and services.
It is our intention, through the website’s custom development, SEO and conversion and full interactive e-commerce platform, to help grow Muscoreil’s far beyond their current capacity. It is our primary objective to grow Muscoreil’s ranking, authority and online presence, so that every prospective customer can find them and hire them, all from searching on Google.
Muscoreil’s currently has a template website in place with no e-commerce functionality and with a back-end platform which isn’t optimized to drive any organic search traffic. Their website needs a front end development that is extremely visually appealing for a unique consumer experience which helps build brand trust and loyalty. They also need significant back-end development that’s both extremely functional and with an SEO and conversion focused mindset. They don’t currently have any SEO functions driving traffic at this time.
Range Marketing would be responsible for building their website with a fully customized, optimized and SEO ready e-commerce platform with far more intuitive back-end compatibility to increase organic search results and outrank competitors locally. Range Marketing will also be responsible for instituting a strong back linking strategy with the overarching goal of increasing Domain Authority (current DA is 27 out of 100 and are not currently ranking for any non-branded relevant keywords on Google). We may also be tasked with implementing smart, cost effective PPC/AdWords campaigns to help generate more immediate revenue.
This proposal will cover two phases: “Phase 1”, which is the website rebuild portion of the project and “Phase 2” is the implementation of our additional SEO services, in order to get the redesign live as soon as possible with an aggressive search strategy to start ranking.
1.1 Value Proposition
*See attached PDF Value Proposition*
2.0 Project Deliverables
Below outlines deliverables for this project.
Our Project Discovery process is integral to developing a website that is both on time and exceeds expectations for both the client and our team. At this point, we have already completed a majority of this deliverable, but the details of our process are outlined below.
Steps in this process include:
- Initial client meeting to determine technical scope, visual desires, company mission, and the full walkthrough of services client offers.
- Detailed breakdown of each project deliverable included in the website in a clearly defined technical scope.
- Buildout of Sitemap to establish what content will be on the website, and what page it will be included on.
- Establish a Project Schedule with concrete deadlines for multiple phases of the project.
A website is nothing without it’s design. At Range, we handle the creative portion of design a bit differently. Typical agencies will execute the design research phase and then produce visual-only mockups in PDF form, essentially showing you one big image that you approve before moving into development.
While in some projects this does make sense, in the majority of our projects this lengthy step is costly to both the client and ourselves, and isn’t necessary because of how we develop sites.
Our Creative Process stays completely within the realm of research and planning. We work with you to identify the most important information you want the design to convey, and from that formulate a quick sketch that outlines how we can structure that information.
From there, we research other beautiful sites on the web and come up with our own unique layout groups that we’ll apply to the development. We’re still in the planning phase here – the design comes to life during our actual development project.
Because of this process, the first “design” preview you see will actually be a developed website, allowing you to preview it on all of your devices as well as get a first look at the interactivity/features of the site.
Development Environment Setup
Range will develop your site in a closed environment on a completely different server from where your live website will be. This process is complex and takes time to set up, but is critical for the future safety of your website. Once your website goes live on the internet, we still host your development environment. This serves a couple functions:
- Acts as an additional backup layer in the event of something happening to the live site.
- Remains a preview for future changes to your site. If you require a big design change, new page design, or new functionality, we can safely test and preview everything on your development website before moving it to production. This ensures that your live website will never “break” due to meddling around with the code when building something new.
Core Development is generally the largest deliverable in the project, notwithstanding any additional complex custom applications or functionality. During this phase of the development we will:
- Install and set up the Content Management System (CMS) used for the website – in this case WordPress.
- Install and set up a suite of plugins and performance-enhancers for the website.
- Design and develop site-wide features of the website, like navigation, footer, and sidebar.
- Design and develop the homepage.
- Design and develop the content-focused interior pages (such as About Us, Contact Us, Blog, Services Provided, etc.)
- Ensure author functionality is designed and developed, allowing users to see pictures of the article author as well as a bio page with summary of posts by that author.
- Set up usernames/logins.
Content Implementation is just that – adding all of the content to your website. This step is different for every client, but typically includes things like:
- Working with the client to obtain all necessary content for each page of the website.
- Obtaining and cropping/optimizing high resolution images from the client and/or purchasing stock imagery.
- Adding content onto each page of the website.
E- Commerce Platform
We will utilize WooCommerce as the E-Commerce platform to sell products. WooCommerce has built-in functionality for managing Products, Orders, and Customers. Using WC as the platform, we will custom design page templates to display relevant pages.
E-Commerce Functionality Included
Below is a list of core functionality included for this build. Any modules requested outside of this functionality will have to be added to this proposal (out outside of it) and priced separately.
- Core product management for simple and variable products. Product photos, price (or prices with variations like colors/sizes), description, SKUs, stock management, shipping information/dimensions, product category, product tags, and related products.
- High-level shop management: company address, tax rules, shipping rules, currency, and e-mail delivery settings.
- Order management & reporting: the ability to process, cancel, and view a list of orders/customers. Top level reporting to see revenue and customer growth for any date interval.
- Ability to add coupon codes and discounts.
- Customer reviews on products.
- Customer management: customers can check out as a guest, or create an account where they have a dashboard to view their order history and order products again.
- Payment processing: check payments and Paypal are included as defaults. We will integrate an external payment gateway if that gateway is either Stripe, Square, or an Authorize.net gateway. If the payment gateway is outside of that scope, we will need to see if a compatible plugin exists. If no compatible plugin exists and we need to program the gateway in custom, there will be an additional charge depending on the complexity.
- Order Emails: the store administrator is emailed when every new order comes in, and customers are emailed a receipt of their order.
Customer-Facing Website Design
The following pages and features will be designed with a custom theme and connect to the E-Commerce back-end. Any pages or features outside of this list will need to be priced separately, or added to this proposal as an amendment.
- Shop Page: the main store view that displays all products by default. Customers will have the ability to sort products by Popularity, Average Rating, Newest, and Price. Additional filters will allow customers to sort by Price Range, Product Category, Sale Items, and a general Search Bar. Products will be displayed with Name, Featured Image, Price, and Rating.
- Single Product Page: viewing individual products. Features view-able will be Name, Product Images (single or gallery of images), Short Description, Full Description, Price, Variations (size, color, custom variations), Category, Add to Cart (with quantity select), and Related Products.
- Cart: view items in the shopping cart, add or remove items, change quantity, apply coupon codes, and view subtotal/total.
- Checkout: customers add Shipping and Billing Address, Order Review with product/pricing information, enter Credit Card or payment information, and click Purchase.
- Order Confirmation: customers are thanked for their purchase and receive a review of their order and order number in the event of an issue.
- Cart Icon: there will be a shopping cart icon in the navigation bar that allows customers to easily access their cart and checkout.
Receiving Product Information
The pricing in this proposal assumes that Range will be delivered all product content in a timely and organized fashion (we recommend a spreadsheet). While all of this information isn’t required (only a Product Name and Price are technically required), more information results in a better shop experience. Product information includes:
- Product name
- Product short description (1-2 sentence “elevator pitch” of the product)
- Product long description (full details)
- Manage stock manually? If so, need to know how much of each product is available, and if you offer backorder.
- Shipping information (weight, dimensions)
- “You may also like” related products, we recommend choosing 3
- Product category(s)
- Product attributes (for clothes these are things like S/M/L sizes, different colors, etc)
- Product variations (when you have products with different attributes, sometimes they may have different prices, stock quantity, etc. in your case it may be a product may come in different oil sizes and each size has a different price)
Website Launch (Deployment)
When your website is ready to go live on the internet, we run through a detailed checklist to ensure the launch is safe and without interruption. Things on our checklist include:
- Taking a final backup of the development website.
- Setting up the production environment server (similar to setting up the development environment).
- Transferring files from development to production.
- Testing the website on production locally (making sure the site will load perfectly once the domain name is live on our servers).
- Handling the technical process of pointing the domain name to our servers.
- Running post-launch steps to performance plugins.
- Installing SSL on the live website (https://yoursite.com vs. http://yoursite.com).
- Testing all features of the live website, and testing contact form delivery.
It’s extremely important that your website is SEO-friendly to Google. Not only should your site avoid being penalized for certain factors, it should be designed to excel in the areas Google is looking for when deciding how to rank your website. This has a major impact on the traffic you receive, and will impact your businesses’ bottom line. Range implements the following features to make sure your site looks great to Google from Day 1:
- Optimize the title and meta tags for all prominent pages of the website.
- 301 redirect any dead links to the appropriate pages.
- Create sitemap.xml file for Google.
- Submit your new content to Google for indexing.
Once these items are taken care of and the website is being managed by us, we recommend continuing with ongoing, monthly SEO to ensure maximum search engine visibility.
3.0 Project Budget
The budget is derived directly from the list of deliverables included within this proposal ("Scope"). Any changes to the Scope of work will require a new quote.
|Level II Website Project Cost||$4,400|
|Custom E-Commerce Platform (requires premium plugins + configuration)||$4,000|
|Consultation Calendar Booking (requires premium plugin + configuration)||$500|
Range Marketing will host your website on a private server on a monthly basis. This also includes 24/7 security monitoring, security updates, uptime monitoring, and free emergency support in the event of uptime issues.
Maintenance also includes up to 2 hours of work every month. This includes things like changing text, adding new images, or removing content. Anything requiring new features or designs will be quoted separately.
4.0 Project Schedule
The project schedule is a list of soft deadlines for the project; they are milestones we strive to achieve. Website development is a dynamic process and it's commonplace for new ideas to arise, communication to occur, or Scope be slightly tweaked. While it's rare for us to miss targets, the schedule below is not held to any bounds concerning the budget or Agreement.
We schedule our projects conservatively, and it's also common for us to come out ahead of the milestones below.
|Project Kickoff Date||April 13, 2020|
|First-Look At Completed Website||May 25, 2020|
|Website Launch + SEO Kickoff||June 3, 2020|
5.0 Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO + Boost
In the same alignment as our other clients in this space, we know that SEO is not a one-size-fits-all scenario, and so each campaign needs to be handled with custom diligence. We know that this is a competitive industry and so we will need to be nimble in our SEO efforts. Range Marketing has designed both on-site and off-site (Boost product) to sufficiently preform Search tactics, that actually drives results.
The examples below are meant to give an idea as to what we could potentially fulfill under different levels of SEO + Boost. With that being said, National campaigns are typically more costly than Local Search campaigns, and have a longer timeline to produce results. Our monthly SEO can range anywhere from $1,500 – $15,000 / month depending on how extensive a campaign is and how many man hours need to be put behind the effort as well as how soon you want to start ranking and seeing significant results and leads.
We recommend starting at the lower end of our product recommendations and adding on over time as our results and rankings begin to peak. Subsequently, we would like to take a look at any Google Analytics Data, or PPC data that is currently available (if at all) to appropriately resize budgeting for Ad spend so that we can reduce costs, and increase lead value organically. Realistically we recommend that an SEO campaign should anticipate a 12-month test trial. However, Range Marketing will work every day, on a month-to-month payment basis, to show that we can and will provide the work to deserve your ongoing business.
Option 1: Least Aggressive
SEO Silver + Level 1 Boost $945 / Month
- Custom Strategy from the SEO team
- Low level strategy for local geo-target and population under 300,000
- Work is performed by a dedicated SEO Strategist
- Range Proprietary Software Install (Hosting required)
- Includes setup of Google, Yelp, and Bing Local Listings
- Includes up to 2 hours per month of website maintenance/updates
- Includes weekly interactive reporting
- 25 backlinks per month
** Recommended Starting Point** :
SEO Gold + Level 3 Boost $2,150 / month
- Search engine optimization for a population over 1,000,000
- SEO will focus on keywords in every relevant industry
- Work is performed by a dedicated SEO Strategist
- Social media is not included
- Includes setup of Google, Yelp, and Bing Local Listings
- Includes up to 4 hours per month of website maintenance / updates
- Includes weekly interactive reporting
- 75 backlinks per month
6.0 Additional Services
PPC – Pay Per Click
It’s recommended that in addition to building a website and utilizing our SEO strategy, we explore the option of Google Ads (PPC) to help the campaign in the early stages. Google Ads will allow us to target specific areas/regions that are identified as potential areas for high conversions. Unlike with your SEO campaign, Google will allow us to target areas as specific as the zip code!
Google Ads is typically recommended by our team as an add-on to maximize your potential return from your online marketing. We manage PPC spends of anywhere from $1,500 – $150,000+/month.
– PPC Monthly Spend Package:
– (Strategic Starting Point)
PPC/Paid Ad Spend $1,500 + / Month
Management Fee: $250 / Month
This includes a strategic, targeted and multi-front campaign including: