The Yacht Club
1.0 Project Overview
The Yacht Club Marina is a state-of-the-art marina operated by the same company running the Solarea Beach Resort. It is the only marina in Puerto Rico linked to a complete resort community (the renowned Palmas del Mar). The marina offers easy accessibility for both fishermen and sailors alike.
Much like the Resorts website, the current site (www.theyachtclubmarina.com) has an expired SSL certificate and is not secure. It’s also not being used as a lead generation or dock booking tool. Range Marketing will be responsible for (re)building The Yacht Club a new, fully secure web platform with the desired functionality and user experience paired with our proprietary on and off-site SEO products to drive and convert online traffic. Our backlinking strategy will look to create a more authoritative web presence (current DA 17 – 0 ranking keywords).
This proposal will cover “Phase 1” of the project Website reconstruct, as well “Phase 2” which is our additional SEO services, in order to get the redesign live by the end of January, with an aggressive search strategy to start ranking for results
2.0 Project Deliverables
Below outlines deliverables for this project.
Our Project Discovery process is integral to developing a website that is both on time and exceeds expectations for both the client and our team.
Steps in this process include:
- Initial client meeting to determine technical scope, visual desires, company mission, and the full walkthrough of services client offers.
- Detailed breakdown of each project deliverable included in the website in a clearly defined technical scope.
- Buildout of Sitemap to establish what content will be on the website, and what page it will be included on.
- Establish a Project Schedule with concrete deadlines for multiple phases of the project.
A website is nothing without it’s design. At Range, we handle the creative portion of design a bit differently. Typical agencies will execute the design research phase and then produce visual-only mockups in PDF form, essentially showing you one big image that you approve before moving into development.
While in some projects this does make sense, in the majority of our projects this lengthy step is costly to both the client and ourselves, and isn’t necessary because of how we develop sites.
Our Creative Process stays completely within the realm of research and planning. We work with you to identify the most important information you want the design to convey, and from that formulate a quick sketch that outlines how we can structure that information.
From there, we research other beautiful sites on the web and come up with our own unique layout groups that we’ll apply to the development. We’re still in the planning phase here – the design comes to life during our actual development project.
Because of this process, the first “design” preview you see will actually be a developed website, allowing you to preview it on all of your devices as well as get a first look at the interactivity of the site.
Development Environment Setup
We develop your site in a closed environment on a completely different server from where your live website will be. This process is complex and takes time to set up, but is critical for the future safety of your website. Once your website goes live on the internet, we still host your development environment. This serves a couple functions:
- Acts as an additional backup layer in the event of something happening to the live site.
- Remains a preview for future changes to your site. If you require a big design change, new page design, or new functionality, we can safely test and preview everything on your development website before moving it to production. This ensures that your live website will never “break” due to meddling around with the code when building something new.
Core Development is generally the largest deliverable in the project, notwithstanding any additional complex custom applications or functionality. During this phase of the development we will:
- Install and set up the Content Management System (CMS) used for the website – in this case WordPress.
- Install and set up a suite of plugins and performance-enhancers for the website.
- Design and develop site-wide features of the website, like navigation, footer, and sidebar.
- Design and develop the homepage.
- Design and develop the content-focused interior pages (such as About Us, Contact Us, Blog, Services Provided, etc.)
- Ensure author functionality is designed and developed, allowing users to see pictures of the article author as well as a bio page with summary of posts by that author.
- Set up usernames/logins.
Content Implementation is just that – adding all of the content to your website. This step is different for every client, but typically includes things like:
- Working with the client to obtain all necessary content for each page of the website.
- Adding content onto each page of the website.
Website Launch (Deployment)
When your website is ready to go live on the internet, we run through a detailed checklist to ensure the launch is safe and without interruption. Things on our checklist include:
- Taking a final backup of the development website.
- Setting up the production environment server (similar to setting up the development environment).
- Transferring files from development to production.
- Testing the website on production locally (making sure the site will load perfectly once the domain name is live on our servers).
- Handling the technical process of pointing the domain name to our servers.
- Running post-launch steps to performance plugins.
- Installing SSL on the live website (https://yoursite.com vs. http://yoursite.com).
- Testing all features of the live website, and testing contact form delivery.
It’s extremely important that your website is SEO-friendly to Google. Not only should your site avoid being penalized for certain factors, but it should also be designed to excel in the areas Google is looking for when deciding how to rank your website. This has a major impact on the traffic you receive and will impact your businesses’ bottom line.
After the initial SEO construct, we highly recommend considering our ongoing SEO expertise and packages outlined on our ‘Additional Services’ part of the proposal. Range Marketing implements the following features to make sure your site looks great to Google from Day 1:
- Optimize the title and meta tags for all prominent pages of the website.
- 301 redirect any links from the old site to their corresponding page on the new site.
- Submit your new site to Google for indexing.
3.0 Project Budget
The budget is derived directly from the list of deliverables included within this proposal "Scope". The overarching goal is to create a Level III Gold web platform paired with our proprietary on and off-site SEO packages that will be utilized to generate national organic search results. The budget is derived directly from the list of deliverable's included within this proposal "Scope".
|Development Environment Setup||$750|
Range Marketing will host your website on a private server on a monthly basis. This also includes 24/7 security monitoring, security updates, uptime monitoring, and free emergency support in the event of uptime issues.
Maintenance also includes up to 2 hours of work every month. This includes things like changing text, adding new images, or removing content. Anything requiring new features or designs will be quoted separately.
4.0 Project Schedule
The project schedule is a list of soft deadlines for the project; they are milestones we strive to achieve. Website development is a dynamic process and it's commonplace for new ideas to arise, communication to occur, or Scope to be slightly tweaked. While it's rare for us to miss targets, the schedule below is not held to any bounds concerning the budget or Agreement.
We schedule our projects conservatively, and it's also common for us to come out ahead of the milestones below.
|Project Kickoff Date||March 11, 2019|
|First-Look At Completed Website||April 11, 2019|
|Website Launch||April 15, 2019|
5.0 Additional Services
SEO + Boost
In the same alignment as our other clients in this space, we know that SEO is not a one-size-fits-all scenario, and so each campaign needs to be handled with custom diligence. We know that this is a competitive industry and so we will need to be nimble in our SEO efforts.
The options below are meant to give an idea as to what we could potentially fulfill under different levels of SEO + Boost. With that being said, National campaigns are typically more costly than Local Search campaigns, and have a longer timeline to produce results. Our monthly SEO can range anywhere from $500 – $15,000 / month depending on how extensive a campaign is and how many man hours need to be put behind the effort.
We recommend starting at the lower end of our product recommendations and adding on over time as our results and rankings begin to ramp up. Realistically, an SEO campaign should anticipate a 12-month growth period, but we will work every day, on a month-to-month payment basis, to show that we will continually work to earn your ongoing business.
PPC – Pay Per Click
It’s recommend that in addition to building a website and utilizing our SEO strategy, that we explore the option of Google Ads (PPC) to help the campaign in the early stages. Google Ads will allow us to target specific areas/regions that are identified as potential areas for high conversions. Unlike with your SEO campaign, Google will allow us to target areas as specific as the zip code!
Google Ads is typically recommended by our team as an add-on to maximize your potential return from your online marketing. We manage PPC spends of anywhere from $1,500 – $50,000+/month.
We would like to gather some more information as to who and where we should be specifically targeting for this portion of your internet marketing campaign. If we wanted to select a city or two target, we would likely recommend starting with a monthly spend budget of approximately $5,000 (includes management fee).
Option 1 “Minimum”
SEO Gold + Level 4 Boost $5,000 / month + PPC? (not included in pricing)
- Search engine optimization for multiple cities nationally
- Work is performed by a dedicated SEO Strategist
- Range Proprietary Software Install (hosting required & included)
- Includes setup of Google, Yahoo, and Bing Local Listings
- Includes up to 3 hours per month of website maintenance/updates
- Includes weekly interactive reporting
- Social media not included
- Even more dedicated man hours to push SEO results on a monthly basis
- 100 backlinks per month
- Optimization of all other search aggregators