Unique Threading Salon
1.0 Project Overview
Unique Threading Salon provides threading, body massages, body art, and sugar waxing over three locations in the greater New York City region. Ownership is looking to update their current website with a full custom-built site, designed to draw more local organic search traffic for their three (3) locations with the overarching goal of greater digital brand presence and organic lead generation using our proprietary on and off-site SEO software.
There’s currently a functioning platform in place, but it wasn’t built to effectively drive organic search traffic for desired search terms locally or regionally. Range Marketing would be responsible for rebuilding their current website and replacing it with a fully customized, SEO ready platform with more intuitive back-end compatibility to increase organic search results and outrank competitors locally and regionally. Range Marketing will also be responsible for instituting a strong back-linking strategy with the overarching goal of increasing Domain Authority (current DA 28).
This proposal will cover two phases: “Phase 1”, which is the website rebuild portion of the project and “Phase 2” is the implementation of our additional SEO services, in order to get the redesign live as soon as possible with an aggressive search strategy to start ranking.
1.1 Value Proposition
There isn’t a tried and true method for accurately displaying what your full portfolio of ranking keywords looks like. But a quick snap shot of the top ranking keywords for Unique Threading Salon show a pretty common ranking issue among many of our clients – they’re ranking on page one for keywords and search queries with their particular brand name or business name in the search, not the products or services their particular business provides, as you can see below:
Below is a screen shot of a retail dispensary client of ours and provides a very clear example of why ranking for keywords for the product or service your business provides is far, far more valuable than ranking for keywords with your brand or company name:
As you can see, in a three month span with over 1.6M website views; roughly 16% of those searchers found their site by looking for their brand name or company name directly. The other 84% of searchers found them by searching for product or services they provide. That’s over a 5:1 mark and something the data tells us can’t be ignored or passed off as coincidence.
With the attention to detail and capabilities of Range Marketing’s proprietary on-site SEO tool, your dedicated SEO analyst can provide the type of research and development other SEO companies cannot. We’re able to take all of the product and services your three locations provide, find the corresponding keywords and get you ranking locally/regionally when people are searching for threading, sugaring & waxing, massage treatment, body art and facials in the Greater New York City region.
With a population of just over 8.2M people, we have one of the largest market shares in the country and three separate locations to aggressively target people searching for every service Unique Threading Salon service you provide.
2.0 Project Deliverables
Below outlines deliverables for this project.
Our Project Discovery process is integral to developing a website that is both on time and exceeds expectations for both the client and our team. At this point, we have already completed a majority of this deliverable, but the details of our process are outlined below.
Steps in this process include:
- Initial client meeting to determine technical scope, visual desires, company mission, and the full walkthrough of services client offers.
- Detailed breakdown of each project deliverable included in the website in a clearly defined technical scope.
- Buildout of Sitemap to establish what content will be on the website, and what page it will be included on.
- Establish a Project Schedule with concrete deadlines for multiple phases of the project.
A website is nothing without it’s design. At Range, we handle the creative portion of design a bit differently. Typical agencies will execute the design research phase and then produce visual-only mockups in PDF form, essentially showing you one big image that you approve before moving into development.
While in some projects this does make sense, in the majority of our projects this lengthy step is costly to both the client and ourselves, and isn’t necessary because of how we develop sites.
Our Creative Process stays completely within the realm of research and planning. We work with you to identify the most important information you want the design to convey, and from that formulate a quick sketch that outlines how we can structure that information.
From there, we research other beautiful sites on the web and come up with our own unique layout groups that we’ll apply to the development. We’re still in the planning phase here – the design comes to life during our actual development project.
Because of this process, the first “design” preview you see will actually be a developed website, allowing you to preview it on all of your devices as well as get a first look at the interactivity/features of the site.
Development Environment Setup
Range will develop your site in a closed environment on a completely different server from where your live website will be. This process is complex and takes time to set up, but is critical for the future safety of your website. Once your website goes live on the internet, we still host your development environment. This serves a couple functions:
- Acts as an additional backup layer in the event of something happening to the live site.
- Remains a preview for future changes to your site. If you require a big design change, new page design, or new functionality, we can safely test and preview everything on your development website before moving it to production. This ensures that your live website will never “break” due to meddling around with the code when building something new.
Core Development is generally the largest deliverable in the project, notwithstanding any additional complex custom applications or functionality. During this phase of the development we will:
- Install and set up the Content Management System (CMS) used for the website – in this case WordPress.
- Install and set up a suite of plugins and performance-enhancers for the website.
- Design and develop site-wide features of the website, like navigation, footer, and sidebar.
- Design and develop the homepage.
- Design and develop the content-focused interior pages (such as About Us, Contact Us, Blog, Services Provided, etc.)
- Ensure author functionality is designed and developed, allowing users to see pictures of the article author as well as a bio page with summary of posts by that author.
- Set up usernames/logins.
Content Implementation is just that – adding all of the content to your website. This step is different for every client, but typically includes things like:
- Working with the client to obtain all necessary content for each page of the website.
- Obtaining and cropping/optimizing high resolution images from the client and/or purchasing stock imagery.
- Adding content onto each page of the website.
Website Launch (Deployment)
When your website is ready to go live on the internet, we run through a detailed checklist to ensure the launch is safe and without interruption. Things on our checklist include:
- Taking a final backup of the development website.
- Setting up the production environment server (similar to setting up the development environment).
- Transferring files from development to production.
- Testing the website on production locally (making sure the site will load perfectly once the domain name is live on our servers).
- Handling the technical process of pointing the domain name to our servers.
- Running post-launch steps to performance plugins.
- Installing SSL on the live website (https://yoursite.com vs. http://yoursite.com).
- Testing all features of the live website, and testing contact form delivery.
3.0 Project Budget
The budget is derived directly from the list of deliverables included within this proposal ("Scope"). Any changes to the Scope of work will require a new quote.
|Level I Website||$3,000|
4.0 Project Schedule
The project schedule is a list of soft deadlines for the project; they are milestones we strive to achieve. Website development is a dynamic process and it's commonplace for new ideas to arise, communication to occur, or Scope be slightly tweaked. While it's rare for us to miss targets, the schedule below is not held to any bounds concerning the budget or Agreement.
We schedule our projects conservatively, and it's also common for us to come out ahead of the milestones below.
|Project Kickoff Date||September 30, 2019|
|First-Look At Completed Website||November 11, 2019|
|Website Launch + SEO Kickoff||November 15, 2019|
5.0 Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO + Boost
In the same alignment as our other clients in this space, we know that SEO is not a one-size-fits-all scenario, and so each campaign needs to be handled with custom diligence. We know that this is a competitive industry and so we will need to be nimble in our SEO efforts. Range Marketing has designed both on-site and off-site (Boost product) to sufficiently preform Search tactics, that actually drives results.
The examples below are meant to give an idea as to what we could potentially fulfill under different levels of SEO + Boost. With that being said, National campaigns are typically more costly than Local Search campaigns, and have a longer timeline to produce results. Our monthly SEO can range anywhere from $500 – $15,000 / month depending on how extensive a campaign is and how many man hours need to be put behind the effort as well as how soon you want to start ranking and seeing significant results and leads.
We recommend starting at the lower end of our product recommendations and adding on over time as our results and rankings begin to peak. Subsequently, we would like to take a look at any Google Analytics Data, or PPC data that is currently available (if at all) to appropriately resize budgeting for Ad spend so that we can reduce costs, and increase lead value organically. Realistically we recommend that an SEO campaign should anticipate a 12-month test trial. However, Range Marketing will work every day, on a month-to-month payment basis, to show that we can and will provide the work to deserve your ongoing business.
** Recommended Starting Point** :
SEO Gold + Level 1 Boost $1,500 / month
- Custom Strategy from the SEO team for multiple industries and markets (or national)
- Work is performed by a dedicated SEO Strategist
- Social media is not included
- Includes setup of Google, Yelp, and Bing Local Listings
- Includes up to 2 hours per month of website maintenance/updates
- Includes weekly interactive reporting
- 25 backlinks per month
6.0 Additional Services