Wellness Industries | ProForm
1.0 Project Overview
Wellness Industries is a Colorado based Health & Wellness company offering CBD products to independent Health & Wellness professionals nationwide. They’re looking to eventually re-build their wellness platform but have prioritized the creation of their ProForm e-Commerce platform which will have a health & wellness professional e-Commerce portal and a separate patient-direct portal (this is essentially creating two separate portals that will display different pricing based on whether they’re Health & Welnness professionals or direct patients). The ProForm brand may look to use our proprietary SEO software to solicit applications from health & wellness professionals across the country in the future.
As mentioned, there is a current Wellness platform in place but there isn’t curently a platform in place for ProForm. Range Marketing will essentially be building two e-Commerce platforms for ProForm. Range Marketing would potentially be responsible for instituting an effective back-linking strategy with the overarching goal of greatly increasing Domain Authority (DA not yet established) for the Pro Form brand. We may also be tasked with implementing smart, cost effective PPC/AdWords campaigns to help solicit health & wellness professionals.
This proposal will cover two phases: “Phase 1” is the website rebuild portion of the project and “Phase 2” is the implementation of our additional SEO services in order to get the redesign live as soon as possible with an aggressive search strategy to start ranking.
2.0 Project Deliverables
Below outlines deliverables for this project.
Our Project Discovery process is integral to developing a website that is both on time and exceeds expectations for both the client and our team. At this point, we have already completed a majority of this deliverable, but the details of our process are outlined below.
Steps in this process include:
- Initial client meeting to determine technical scope, visual desires, company mission, and the full walkthrough of services client offers.
- Detailed breakdown of each project deliverable included in the website in a clearly defined technical scope.
- Buildout of Sitemap to establish what content will be on the website, and what page it will be included on.
- Establish a Project Schedule with concrete deadlines for multiple phases of the project.
A website is nothing without it’s design. At Range, we handle the creative portion of design a bit differently. Typical agencies will execute the design research phase and then produce visual-only mockups in PDF form, essentially showing you one big image that you approve before moving into development.
While in some projects this does make sense, in the majority of our projects this lengthy step is costly to both the client and ourselves, and isn’t necessary because of how we develop sites.
Our Creative Process stays completely within the realm of research and planning. We work with you to identify the most important information you want the design to convey, and from that formulate a quick sketch that outlines how we can structure that information.
From there, we research other beautiful sites on the web and come up with our own unique layout groups that we’ll apply to the development. We’re still in the planning phase here – the design comes to life during our actual development project.
Because of this process, the first “design” preview you see will actually be a developed website, allowing you to preview it on all of your devices as well as get a first look at the interactivity/features of the site.
Development Environment Setup
Range will develop your site in a closed environment on a completely different server from where your live website will be. This process is complex and takes time to set up, but is critical for the future safety of your website. Once your website goes live on the internet, we still host your development environment. This serves a couple functions:
- Acts as an additional backup layer in the event of something happening to the live site.
- Remains a preview for future changes to your site. If you require a big design change, new page design, or new functionality, we can safely test and preview everything on your development website before moving it to production. This ensures that your live website will never “break” due to meddling around with the code when building something new.
Core Development is generally the largest deliverable in the project, notwithstanding any additional complex custom applications or functionality. During this phase of the development we will:
- Install and set up the Content Management System (CMS) used for the website – in this case WordPress.
- Install and set up a suite of plugins and performance-enhancers for the website.
- Design and develop site-wide features of the website, like navigation, footer, and sidebar.
- Design and develop the homepage.
- Design and develop the content-focused interior pages (such as About Us, Contact Us, Blog, Services Provided, etc.)
- Ensure author functionality is designed and developed, allowing users to see pictures of the article author as well as a bio page with summary of posts by that author.
- Set up usernames/logins.
We will utilize WooCommerce as the E-Commerce platform to sell products. WooCommerce has built-in functionality for managing Products, Orders, and Customers. Using WC as the platform, we will custom design page templates to display relevant pages.
E-Commerce Functionality Included
Below is a list of core functionality included for this build. Any modules requested outside of this functionality will have to be added to this proposal (out outside of it) and priced separately.
- Core product management for simple and variable products. Product photos, price (or prices with variations like colors/sizes), description, SKUs, stock management, shipping information/dimensions, product category, product tags, and related products.
- High-level shop management: company address, tax rules, shipping rules, currency, and e-mail delivery settings.
- Order management & reporting: the ability to process, cancel, and view a list of orders/customers. Top level reporting to see revenue and customer growth for any date interval.
- Ability to add coupon codes and discounts.
- Customer reviews on products.
- Customer management: customers can check out as a guest, or create an account where they have a dashboard to view their order history and order products again.
- Payment processing: check payments and Paypal are included as defaults. We will integrate an external payment gateway if that gateway is either Stripe, Square, or an Authorize.net gateway. If the payment gateway is outside of that scope, we will need to see if a compatible plugin exists. If no compatible plugin exists and we need to program the gateway in custom, there will be an additional charge depending on the complexity.
- Order Emails: the store administrator is emailed when every new order comes in, and customers are emailed a receipt of their order.
Customer-Facing Website Design
The following pages and features will be designed with a custom theme and connect to the E-Commerce back-end. Any pages or features outside of this list will need to be priced separately, or added to this proposal as an amendment.
- Shop Page: the main store view that displays all products by default. Customers will have the ability to sort products by Popularity, Average Rating, Newest, and Price. Additional filters will allow customers to sort by Price Range, Product Category, Sale Items, and a general Search Bar. Products will be displayed with Name, Featured Image, Price, and Rating.
- Single Product Page: viewing individual products. Features view-able will be Name, Product Images (single or gallery of images), Short Description, Full Description, Price, Variations (size, color, custom variations), Category, Add to Cart (with quantity select), and Related Products.
- Cart: view items in the shopping cart, add or remove items, change quantity, apply coupon codes, and view subtotal/total.
- Checkout: customers add Shipping and Billing Address, Order Review with product/pricing information, enter Credit Card or payment information, and click Purchase.
- Order Confirmation: customers are thanked for their purchase and receive a review of their order and order number in the event of an issue.
- Cart Icon: there will be a shopping cart icon in the navigation bar that allows customers to easily access their cart and checkout.
Receiving Product Information
The pricing in this proposal assumes that Range will be delivered all product content in a timely and organized fashion (we recommend a spreadsheet). While all of this information isn’t required (only a Product Name and Price are technically required), more information results in a better shop experience. Product information includes:
- Product name
- Product short description (1-2 sentence “elevator pitch” of the product)
- Product long description (full details)
- Manage stock manually? If so, need to know how much of each product is available, and if you offer backorder.
- Shipping information (weight, dimensions)
- “You may also like” related products, we recommend choosing 3
- Product category(s)
- Product attributes (for clothes these are things like S/M/L sizes, different colors, etc)
- Product variations (when you have products with different attributes, sometimes they may have different prices, stock quantity, etc. in your case it may be a product may come in different oil sizes and each size has a different price)
Website Launch (Deployment)
When your website is ready to go live on the internet, we run through a detailed checklist to ensure the launch is safe and without interruption. Things on our checklist include:
- Taking a final backup of the development website.
- Setting up the production environment server (similar to setting up the development environment).
- Transferring files from development to production.
- Testing the website on production locally (making sure the site will load perfectly once the domain name is live on our servers).
- Handling the technical process of pointing the domain name to our servers.
- Running post-launch steps to performance plugins.
- Installing SSL on the live website (https://yoursite.com vs. http://yoursite.com).
- Testing all features of the live website, and testing contact form delivery.
3.0 Project Budget
The budget is derived directly from the list of deliverable's included within this proposal "Scope". The overarching goal is to create a Level II Silver platform [plus our e-Commerce Custom product]. Phase 1 will not include 1-click reordering for patients, subscription orders - the current build is just the core e-Commerce site with a sign-up form and manual member approval with the product catalog. The budget is derived directly from the list of deliverable's included within this proposal "Scope".
|Level 2 Build - Pro Form||$4,500|
4.0 Project Schedule
The project schedule is a list of soft deadlines for the project; they are milestones we strive to achieve. Website development is a dynamic process and it's commonplace for new ideas to arise, communication to occur, or Scope be slightly tweaked. While it's rare for us to miss targets, the schedule below is not held to any bounds outlined in this proposal.
We schedule our projects conservatively, and it's also common for us to come out ahead of the milestones below.
|Website Development Call||August 2, 2019|
|Pro Form Website Preview||August 30, 2019|
|Pro Form Live Date||September 2, 2019|
5.0 Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO + Boost
In the same alignment as our other clients in this space, we know that SEO is not a one-size-fits-all scenario, and so each campaign needs to be handled with custom diligence. We know that this is a competitive industry and so we will need to be nimble in our SEO efforts. Range Marketing has designed both on-site and off-site (Boost product) to sufficiently preform Search tactics, that actually drives results.
The examples below are meant to give an idea as to what we could potentially fulfill under different levels of SEO + Boost. With that being said, National campaigns are typically more costly than Local Search campaigns, and have a longer timeline to produce results. Our monthly SEO can range anywhere from $500 – $15,000 / month depending on how extensive a campaign is and how many man hours need to be put behind the effort.
We recommend starting at the lower end of our product recommendations and adding on over time as our results and rankings begin to peak. Subsequently, we would like to take a look at any Google Analytics Data, or PPC data that is currently available (if at all) to appropriately resize budgeting for Ad spend so that we can reduce costs, and increase lead value organically. Realistically we recommend that an SEO campaign should anticipate a 12-month test trial. However, Range Marketing will work every day, on a month-to-month payment basis, to show that we can and will provide the work to deserve your ongoing business.
PPC – Pay Per Click
It’s recommend that in addition to building a website and utilizing our SEO strategy, that we explore the option of Google Ads (PPC) to help the campaign in the early stages. Google Ads will allow us to target specific areas/regions that are identified as potential areas for high conversions. Unlike with your SEO campaign, Google will allow us to target areas as specific as the zip code!
Google Ads is typically recommended by our team as an add-on to maximize your potential return from your online marketing. We manage PPC spends of anywhere from $1,500 – $50,000+/month.
We would like to gather some more information as to who and where we should be specifically targeting for this portion of your internet marketing campaign. If we wanted to select a city or two target, we would likely recommend starting with a monthly spend budget of approximately $5,000 (includes management fee).
Management Fee: 20% (up to $5,000 in spend), 15% ($5,001 – $10,000 in spend) with a monthly minimum of $1,500 in total monthly PPC spend.
SEO/PPC Monthly Spend Packages: For Pro Form
Our Suggestion – to solicit more applications from qualified physicians
SEO Gold + Level 1 Boost $1,660 / Month
PPC/Paid Ad Spend $1,500 / Month
- Custom Strategy from the SEO team
- Work is performed by a dedicated SEO Strategist
- Range Proprietary Software Install (Hosting required)
- Includes setup of Google, Yelp, and Bing Local Listings
- Includes up to 3 hours per month of website maintenance/updates
- Includes weekly interactive reporting
- Optimization of individual products [e-Commerce]
- 25 backlinks per month
The increase in monthly costs proposed is due to the nature of optimization. Additional man-hours will be required for optimizing individual products, product descriptions, product categories, etc. The cost of optimizing a service or local listing is far less labor-intensive than a national e-Commerce campaign with several products lines and brands.
6.0 Additional Services
Custom Map Integration – $15/Month
Examples of Custom Google Maps Integration
- Utilizing Google Maps for a Store Locator
- Utilizing Google Maps in conjunction with any WordPress plugin that utilizes a map
- Custom-styled Google Maps to match company branding colors Custom image pins &
- location pop up windows to match company branding